This May 15, 2018 Discovery Kids will celebrate Chocolate Chip day, with Chocolate Chip cookies at your child’s scheduled dental appointment.
Not sure if your child is due for their preventive check up? Call our office to schedule an appointment when they are due.
The staff at Discovery Kids Dental would like to wish all the moms, grandmas, and aunts a Happy Mother’s Day!!!
Here are some of the Mother’s Day traditions of Discovery Kids Dental’s staff.
Dr. Michelle– On Mother’s Day I like to plant flowers in my garden and spend time with my family.
Tara– On Mother’s Day I go to lunch with my mother, grandmother and family then we go to the movies.
Jessica– For Mother’s Day we like to go on a long bike ride in the morning with my family and then have a picnic in the park.
Leann– I like to go to breakfast with my mother and family on Mother’s Day, after breakfast I give her a present.
Brenda– I love spending time with my family on Mother’s Day, and planting sunflowers with my Grand kids.
Roberta– For Mother’s Day we celebrate with my husband’s mom in the morning and in the afternoon we celebrate with my mom.
Dianna-For Mother’s Day we have the guys make lunch and then they also clean up after.
What are your favorite Mother’s Day traditions?
April’s almost gone
Don’t forget to take advantage of these specials for April!
Stop by the office before the end of the month to nominate your child’s favorite teacher.
Call today to save $500 on invisalign, but hurry this offer will not last long!
April is National Facial Protection Month
Wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports
Wear a helmet while bike riding, skateboarding, and rollerblading
Wear protective face shielding to prevent dental injuries
If an accident does occur, call Discovery Kids Dental for an appointment at (719) 596-6920.
Braces, braces, braces. So many different options! Exciting for a kid, possibly confusing for a parent. At Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, we offer a variety of options to treat approximately 80% of our patients, referring the other 20% to the orthodontist who specializes in extraction and surgical cases.
Don’t miss out on April’s amazing special!!!
Patients can start Invisalign once all permanent teeth have fully erupted. Invisalign has clear aligners that are removable and custom fit to your teeth. You wear them 20-22 hours a day and change your set as teeth shift. Invisalign is less painful than traditional braces, with no food or activity restrictions, and easier to brush and floss for better oral health.
Spring is upon us
We had to change our clocks forward one hour. Discovery Kids Dental celebrated employee appreciation day ( Thanks Dr. Haman for the gifts), National Dentist’s Day (We had a great office potluck, Dr. Haman really loved the chips and salsa), and St. Patrick’s Day (Did you wear green or orange)?
Are you and your children ready for Spring Break?
Did you forget to schedule your child’s preventive check up or want more info about braces? No worries!!!
Dr. Michelle still has openings during your child’s Spring Break!
Healthy teeth are important to your child’s overall health. From the time your child is born, there are things you can do to promote healthy teeth and prevent cavities. For babies, you should clean teeth with a soft, clean cloth or baby’s toothbrush. Avoid putting the baby to bed with a bottle and check teeth regularly for spots or stains.
For all children, you should
- Start using a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste when they are two years old. You might start sooner, if a dentist or doctor suggests it.
- Provide healthy foods and limit sweet snacks and drinks
- Schedule regular dental check-ups
Forming good habits at a young age can help your child have healthy teeth for life.
NIH: National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research